Hotels of St. Clements

There have been several Hotels located within our municipality as well as hostels and boardinghouses. East Selkirk had at least four during the period 1873 to 1899: there was the Webster House with Allan Mclean in charge, Commercial Hotel run by E. Dugard and the Dunlop House, managed by Mr. Dunlop. The Railway House had…

Melody Lane

I remind myself of the summer of 1949, when my Ukrainian organization “Plast” (similar to scouts) camped beside a small creek which flowed from the Red River, located in Lockport off of Hwy. No. 44, across the bridge and a turn to the south. I remind myself that in the middle of this area stood…

The Bait House

Alexander Natchuk born October 14, 1927, loved the river. As a lad he would check the river before going to school. Alex and brother Joe caught fish, all week, for  sale to the weekend crowds. They filled boxes with carp, bass, pickerel and catfish. There were some crude buyers and cheated on weight and prices….

Twilite Gardens

Twilite Gardens, a private park with Polynesian overtones. was developed by Ken Fegol. a landscape contractor and owner of Fegol’s Nursery & Landscaping. It is located on the east side of the Red River just south of Lockport and across the river St. Andrews Church. In 1981, an existing reed swamp which was used for…