Discover the rich heritage of one of the oldest settled areas of Manitoba, Canada.
News & Events
Our Red River North Heritage group has been busy and has just finished a new series of short videos connected to interesting sites in the RM of St. Clements. Click below to check them out.
Heritage Treasures of Red River North
Explore the heritage treasures of the Red River North region of Manitoba. Travelling the North perimeter of Winnipeg, the East Beaches of Lake Winnipeg, Rural Municipalities of St. Clements, St. Andrews, East St. Paul & West St. Paul, and the City of Selkirk. Developed by the RM of St. Clements Heritage Committee. Download available online.
A brief history of Red River North
- 20,000 years ago: It lay beneath a sheet of ice almost 4 kilometres thick
- 11,000 years ago: It was at the bottom of glacial Lake Agassiz
- 10,000 years ago: The first humans arrived as the lake receded
- 230 years ago: European fur traders arrive, followed shortly by settlers
- Present: St.Clements has over 10,000 full-time residents and 5,000 cottagers
Where is Red River North?
The Red River North area North of the City of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.