Discover the rich heritage of one of the oldest settled areas of Manitoba, Canada.
News & Events
New Content Now Online!
Check out all of the new additions we've made to the website lately! We've recently added guides and maps for local walking and driving tours, more information on Indigenous communities and their contributions to the area, as well as a contact page where you can get in touch with us about what you'd like to see modified on our website, in the community, or that sparks your interest!
Heritage Treasures of Red River North
Explore the heritage treasures of the Red River North region of Manitoba. Travelling the North perimeter of Winnipeg, the East Beaches of Lake Winnipeg, Rural Municipalities of St. Clements, St. Andrews, East St. Paul & West St. Paul, and the City of Selkirk. Developed by the RM of St. Clements Heritage Committee. Download available online.
A Brief History of Red River North
- 20,000 years ago: It lay beneath a sheet of ice almost 4 kilometres thick
- 11,000 years ago: It was at the bottom of glacial Lake Agassiz
- 10,000 years ago: The first humans arrived as the lake receded
- 230 years ago: European fur traders arrive, followed shortly by settlers
- Present: St.Clements has over 10,000 full-time residents and 5,000 cottagers
Where is Red River North?
The Red River North area North of the City of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
Has your family made a significant contribution to the R.M. of St. Clements?
Would you like to share your story in the "Family Story" section of our website so it will be available to future generations?
Send us your story!