Discover the rich heritage of one of the oldest settled areas of Manitoba, Canada.
Sharing our history and stories with you!
Learn about the inspiring stories and accomplishments of our pioneers.
A brief history of Red River North
- 20,000 years ago: It lay beneath a sheet of ice almost 4 kilometres thick
- 11,000 years ago: It was at the bottom of glacial Lake Agassiz
- 10,000 years ago: The first humans arrived as the lake receded
- 230 years ago: European fur traders arrive, followed shortly by settlers
- Present: St.Clements has over 10,000 full-time residents and 5,000 cottagers
This site is for:
- Students interested in learning about local history
- Residents wanting to know more about the story of where they live
- Visitors who want to know where to find our heritage sites
Where is Red River North?
The Red River North area North of the City of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
News & Events
On Saturday, July 15, 2017 come celebrate with all former students and teachers of these eight country schools:
Libau West, Libau East, Sheffield, Poplar Park, Brookside, Hoey West, Hoey East, and Arnhold.
This site will feature the stories of many of the people and families who have made a significant contribution to St Clements.
The R.M. of St Clements established the Heritage committee in 1998 to advise council on heritage matters and to promote, preserve and protect local heritage.