Discover the rich heritage of one of the oldest settled areas of Manitoba, Canada.
Sharing our history and stories with you!
Learn about the inspiring stories and accomplishments of our pioneers.
A brief history of Red River North
- 20,000 years ago: It lay beneath a sheet of ice almost 4 kilometres thick
- 11,000 years ago: It was at the bottom of glacial Lake Agassiz
- 10,000 years ago: The first humans arrived as the lake receded
- 230 years ago: European fur traders arrive, followed shortly by settlers
- Present: St.Clements has over 10,000 full-time residents and 5,000 cottagers
This site is for:
- Students interested in learning about local history
- Residents wanting to know more about the story of where they live
- Visitors who want to know where to find our heritage sites
Where is Red River North?
The Red River North area North of the City of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
News & Events
Have you visited award winning East Beaches Heritage Wing, one of the RM of St. Clements best-kept-secrets, yet? They have had over 1200 visitors in 2017 up to July 1, 2017. Find out what’s new in the latest edition of the East Beaches Heritage Wing newsletter. Download here.Read more
This site will feature the stories of many of the people and families who have made a significant contribution to St Clements.
The R.M. of St Clements established the Heritage committee in 1998 to advise council on heritage matters and to promote, preserve and protect local heritage.