On This Page
There are many possible reasons to donate to the East Beaches Heritage Wing:
- Perhaps you have parents, grandparents, aunts or uncles who danced in the pavilion, walked along the beach, rode the moonlight express, spent their summers at a cottage.
You wish to honour their memories.
- Perhaps you spent your summers at Grand Marais and remember feeling happy, exploring, jumping in the waves during a storm, lying on the beach watching the birds and the sky and just being young.
You wish to honour your memories.
- Perhaps you now have a cottage you enjoy and love visiting and you realize that your experiences here are built on a foundation of those who came before.
You wish to honour their contributions.
Ways to Donate
*All donations of $20 and over will be given a charitable donation tax receipt
*Please make all cheques payable to RM of St. Clements
- Download a form, fill it out and mail it to:
East Beaches Heritage Wing
c/o RM of St. Clements
Box 2, Group 35, RR 1
East Selkirk. Manitoba, R0E 0M0
- Visit the RM of St. Clements Office at 1043 Kittson Road in East Selkirk
- They accept cash or cheque only
Besides helping to keep the memories of the East Beaches alive, an added benefit to the donor is the charitable tax credit that can be used at income tax time to offset a portion of the tax payable on income and capital gains.
* Based on the Canada Revenue Agency charitable donation tax credit estimator for 2014
|Donation||Federal Tax Credit||Provincial Tax Credit||Total Tax Credit||% of Donation|
Many thanks to our supporters for helping to build the exhibits at the East Beaches Heritage Wing to save memories of Manitoba’s East Beaches area.
We would like to acknowledge that many of our contractors and suppliers provided materials and labour at reduced rates in support of the project. Their contribution to the Heritage Wing is much appreciated.
As of July 2017, total donations to date: $230,000
Total expenses to date: $265,270
Amount still needed: $35,270
Corporate, Foundation and Government Donors
|Canada Cultural Spaces||$70,000|
|Lake Winnipeg Basin Stewardship Fund||$8,500|
|Manitoba Community Services Council||$17,200|
|Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries||$3,600|
|Manitoba Community Places||$25,000|
|Manitoba Culture and Heritage||$19,080|
|Rural Municipality of St. Clements||$20,000|
|Thomas Sill Foundation||$12,500|
|Selkirk and District Community Foundation||$13,500|
|The Winnipeg Foundation||$7,500|
|East Beaches Corporation||$5,000|
|Isaac & Denchuk||$500|
|L. Chabot Enterprises Ltd.||$500|
|Taylor McCaffrey LLP||$250|
|Morris Insurance Brokers||$100|
|Tim Coutts||$1000||In memory of my parents Reg and Betty Coutts who loved their small cottage at #20 Poplar Ave in Grand Marais|
|$500 – $999|
|Harvey Lunn||$500||Our family grew up here after the war|
|$250 – $499|
|Garett Surcon and Jennifer Sime||$250|
|$100 – $249|
|Luise and Ken Avery||$200|
|Pat Colborne||$100||Our cottage was built in 1928-29 and we as a family still live here and love this place. I am 95 years old.|
|Don & Pat Miller||$100|
|Carl & Sharon Nixdorf||$100|
|Bev and Fraser Stewart||$100|
|$50 – $99|
|Gerry & Julia Berube||$50|
|David & Nancy Morris||$50|
|$0 – $49|
|Jacqueline Cordiner||$25||In honour of the Cordiner cabin, in the family since 1945|
|Peter & Rosalind Husband||$25|
|Bill & Peggy Prins||$25|