Beaconia

Beaconia is located off the junction of road 98 North and Provincial road 500 in the RM of St. Clements. H. August Larson, otherwise known as “The Little Dane,” arrived in Beaconia some time before 1910.  He was a small man with very short legs.  In summer he always rode an ox, and in winter…

Lockport

The first settlers of Lockport, previously known as ‘Grand Rapids’, were drawn to the area north of St. Andrews when the settlement increased its population of retired Hudson’s Bay Company fur traders and expansion was taking place. Many log and stone homes were built in the style known as the “Red River Frame”, such as…

Petersfield

Petersfield began with a vision created by Francois St. Louis from Quebec. Originally settling in Moosomin, Saskatchwan, Mr. St. Louis became the western manager for the Federal Life Insurance Company and was transferred to Winnipeg to meet with some prominent business men. After travelling to St. Peters Indian reserve with his friend Mr. R. Muckle…