The Red River North Heritage Committee (RRNHC) was formed on July 28, 1998 to advise the R.M. of St.Clements council on how best to preserve and promote its rich and diverse heritage for the benefit of future generations. They are responsible to the RM of St. Clements Council.
SCHC is a volunteer group of approximately 10-12 members from all areas of the R.M.
Here are the credentials of the current members:
- Gerry Miller (chair)
- Fraser Stewart: Professional Agrologist (retired), 40 years with the Manitoba Government and consulting agrologist, specialist in Extension Tech.
- Nancy Lovenjak
- Connor MacFarlane
- Phoebe Thomas: Client services at Behavioural Health Foundation, Male Youth Services at Breezy Point Road, Selkirk
- Luise Avery: Business woman at Grand Beach, Manitoba
- Tom Serger: Business manager and sales with Fort Distributors
- Wendy Serger
- Robert Belanger: RM Rep.
- Scott Spicer: RM Rep.
- Garry Marshall: RM Economic Development
RRNHC meets quarterly to discuss the progress of various projects, to develop responses to current heritage issues and to discuss ideas for new initiatives. RRNHC works with the Historic Resources Branch of Manitoba Culture, Heritage and Tourism, to ensure that projects and plans reflect the most current thinking about heritage, and especially heritage management.
From time to time, RRNHC hires people to complete special projects: