Arnhold School District No. 1618 was established on April 2, 1912. Casper and Anna Ogonowski donated two acres of land for the school on SE ¼ 30-15-6E. The schoolhouse was built in 1913, and classes began that year.
The school served as a community centre for the area. It was the site for meetings, concerts, box socials, and other activities. Arnhold was a small school district and not heavily populated. Attendance at the school declined from close to 30 in the early 1920s to 6 in 1947.
Due to the low enrolment, Arnhold School was classified as a Closed School in September 1947. Area students then attended Poplar Park or Libau Schools. In 1964, the school was sold and removed from the site. Arnhold School District was officially dissolved on April 1, 1967.
Libau Area School Reunion Committee 2017
The Reunion Committee gratefully acknowledges funding for this marker received from the RM of St. Clements Council, its Heritage Committee, and Home Hardware Building Centre, Selkirk.